Rio Metro Internet Services
The New Mexico Rail Runner Express offers free Wi-Fi on trains and at our stations. Users must have a Wi-Fi enabled device of their own. Once logged in, you will be asked to accept our terms and agreements and then you are free to surf the Internet. The free Wi-Fi is not intended to watch streaming videos.
Connect on the NM Rail Runner Express
- Turn on your device.
- Check for a list of available Wi-Fi networks (this varies depending on device).
- Select or connect to NMRX (SSID or Service Set Identifier that will appear in list of available networks).
- Open your browser and you will be redirected to the New Mexico Rail Runner portal page.
- Click on “accept” to accept the terms of using the service and you will be allowed into the free network.
Problems, Issues or Comments
The New Mexico Rail Runner Express can use your help identifying problems with the Wi-Fi service. Please use the following procedures to help us best assist in problem resolutions please provide us with the following information. Thank you for your help:
- The date and time of any problems.
- The train car number (at the end of each car).
- The brand and type of device you are using.
- The operating system/version and browser/version.
- The nature of the problem, such as no acceptance screen displayed, no visible SSID for NMRX, or lost/slow connection.
- Any other information that you think might be helpful.
Note: (If you can connect to the NMRX SSID but cannot get internet traffic, try deleting any saved connection settings that you may have for NMRX and retry to connect.)
Wi-Fi Service Notice
The Rio Metro Regional Transit District is aware that the Wi-Fi system is not working correctly. The manufacturer of many of the system’s key components is no longer in business. Some of these components are failing and cannot be fixed or replaced, which severely affects the performance of the system. Rio Metro is working with our contracted provider to re-engineer the system to operate with other components. An estimated repair date has not been determined. Thank you for your patience while we work to repair the system.