Rio Metro is in the process of implementing a new scheduling software for our Dial-a-Ride service. The new software, called Ecolane, will streamline the delivery of shared ride service, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. Implementation will take place in the next several months.
What does this mean to you?
Normal operating procedures will continue to apply. Trips must still be booked Monday through Friday:
- Rio Rancho – You are still able to book your trips up to two (2) weeks in advance and same day
- Valencia County – Book your trip by 12:00 noon for the next day
The process of booking your trips may take a little longer than it used to as the Customer Service staff become more proficient with the new software. We ask for your patience for the initial few weeks.
What will be different?
- The way the Customer Service Representatives book your trip
- The way the drivers receive their manifests for the day
- The way your trips are scheduled to the vehicles
- If you have an appointment time, you will need to provide the Customer Service staff with that time for the software to determine your pick-up time based on the mapping system and an estimate as to how long your trip will take given the shared ride nature of the service.
- Drivers will be utilizing Mobile Data Terminal “electronic tablets” to receive their manifests, which will direct the driver on the order of pick up and drop off to improve efficiency and to ensure passengers arrive at their destinations on time.
- As a reminder, exact fares must be paid at the time of boarding the vehicles.
- Drivers will not be able to deviate from the manifest for side trips (for example, to ATM machines or unscheduled pharmacy trips).
Rio Metro thanks you in advance for your patience and support during this transition.
For further information, please contact:
- Rio Rancho Dial-a-Ride: Call 505-994-1608
- Valencia County Dial-a-Ride: Call 505-352-3595 Ext 2.
View the Rio Metro Dial-a-Ride Page