Rio Metro Bus Accessibility
All Rio Metro buses meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements and include wheelchair lifts and related interior accessibility equipment. Our buses provide efficient passenger transport, ensure maximum passenger safety, and are highly suited for the fixed route and demand response transportation services offered by Rio Metro.
All Rio Metro buses are equipped with ramps or wheelchair lifts and can accommodate up to 18-32 seated passengers, depending upon the size of the bus.
Paying Your Fare
Pay the driver your reduced fare. Be prepared to show proper identification that shows you are eligible for reduced fares.
More information about reduced fares.
- Designated seating for senior citizens or riders with disabilities is available on all Rio Metro buses. Seating is designed to provide easy access for people with disabilities, including those using mobility devices. Signs are posted in these areas alerting all customers of this priority. If other passengers are using these seats, the driver will politely ask them to move.
- For customers using wheelchairs or scooters, there are reserved seating areas which are equipped with securement devices to help ensure a safe ride.The operator will assist you with all securements and seat belts as requested.
Finding Your Way Around Bus Stops
- Signs and other design features will help you get to and from stations and show you how to use our buses.
Boarding the Bus
- Rio Metro buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts. Upon request, the driver will assist with boarding the bus.
- Gas powered vehicles including bicycles, mopeds, scooters and Segways are not allowed on the bus.
- Internal announcements are made at transfer points, major intersections, final destinations, and any stop requested by a customer.
For information in alternative formats, call:
Any person who believes he or she has been subject to an unlawful discriminatory practice in the receipt of Rio Metro services or programs may file a complaint. For more information, view our Title VI page.