Purchasing a New Mexico Rail Runner Express train ticket is easy and convenient. Fares are calculated based upon your individual or group travel needs.
The New Mexico Rail Runner Express Welcomes Large Groups
To ensure that your ride is safe and enjoyable, we recommend that any large groups follow the guidelines below.
Large Group Guidelines
- We recommend that groups with children follow these minimal supervision requirements: Age 0-5 One adult for every three children (1:3); Ages 6-10 One adult for every six children (1:6); Ages 11-16 One adult for every ten children (1:10).
- Passengers are welcome to bring their own sack lunches/meals on board the train. Please make sure that all trash is disposed of properly.
- Parking for school/private busses and vans is free at all stations EXCEPT FOR DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE and the SANTA FE DEPOT. Parking lots in the vicinity of the Downtown Station charge for parking and are not owned or controlled by the New Mexico Rail Runner Express. If you plan to park downtown, plan for extra time to locate a parking space.
- Larger groups of people (20+) are strongly advised to purchase their tickets online or arrange for a single representative of the group to purchase all tickets from a ticket agent on the train (this will save some time and cut down on the confusion). The New Mexico Rail Runner Express Ticket Agents accept cash, Discover, Mastercard and Visa only. Online tickets can be purchased using Discover, Mastercard and Visa only. The New Mexico Rail Runner Express does not accept checks, purchase orders or credit cards that are not listed above.
Group Rates For 25+ Tickets
Groups or agencies may purchase discounted bulk all-zone day passes in quantities of 25+ tickets.
Discounted tickets for groups traveling on the same train.
- The group must be associated with an organization.
- Travel arrangements must be made at least 10 business days prior to the travel date by contacting the Rio Metro Customer Service Manager at 505-843-1706.
- The group will receive a $2 discount off the one-way or all-zone day pass price.
Discounted tickets for groups traveling on different trains on the same day.
- Groups must purchase individual all-zone day passes from the Rio Metro Customer Service Manager by calling 505-843-1706.
- Travel arrangements must be made at least 10 business days prior to the travel date.
- The group will receive a $2 discount off the all-zone day pass price.
- The group will also be charged a $100 administration fee for the printing of tickets.
Organizations must submit an approved purchase order for tickets to the Rio Metro Regional Transit District office and payment is due within 30 days of invoice. Checks should be made to: Rio Metro Regional Transit District.
For more information on group rates please call 866-795-RAIL (7245).
New Mexico Rail Runner Express Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets are not refundable if lost, damaged, stolen or destroyed. Tickets are also not refundable if the passenger purchased a ticket and didn’t use it, purchased the wrong date or wrong station or if a ticket is purchased at a discounted rate without qualification.