Purchasing a New Mexico Rail Runner Express train ticket is easy and convenient. Fares are calculated based upon your individual or group travel needs.
It's as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Purchase your E-ticket
(Ticket is emailed to your account)
Board the train
Present your ticket to an agent
(Must show valid photo I.D. with E-ticket)
Please Note: E-tickets are not accepted on buses. You must present a printed ticket to ride the bus for free. If you are riding the train and plan to take a bus/shuttle ask the ticket agent for a bus transfer ticket.
New Mexico Rail Runner Express Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets are not refundable if lost, damaged, stolen or destroyed. Tickets are also not refundable if the passenger purchased a ticket and didn’t use it, purchased the wrong date or wrong station or if a ticket is purchased at a discounted rate without qualification.
Purchase Your Ticket
- After purchasing train tickets online, passengers will receive their E-ticket as a JPG attachment to an email receipt.
- Passengers should either print or store the E-ticket on their smart phone or mobile device to enable off-line scanning and validation.
- Those passengers making a bus connection must print their E-Ticket to present to the bus driver.
Board Your Train
- Once passengers have purchased their E-ticket and have their smart phone or mobile device in hand, they are ready to board the train.
Present Your E-ticket
- Passengers using their smart phone, laptop, or other mobile device can present their E-ticket to the ticket agent by simply opening the JPG E-ticket image file from their email or desktop to display the barcode for scanning.
- A valid photo ID must be presented along with the E-ticket to the ticket agent.
- If you must, please enlarge the barcode image so that both the E-ticket barcode and passenger name are fully visible and legible.
- Please be ready to present your E-ticket to the ticket agent upon request. Even if you are a daily rider, and hold a monthly pass, you must still present that ticket to the ticket agent. Many of you are familiar with the ticket agent who works on your train, but they are still required to check your tickets - it is their job! Please don't make their jobs difficult for them.
Terms and Conditions
- Make sure your phone is charged. Any passenger who is unable to display their E-ticket must purchase a new ticket at the full fare in order to travel.
- It is recommended that you save the ticket document receipt on your mobile device or be accessible offline to ensure your ticket gets scanned.
- If you do not have your smart phone or mobile device when boarding the train, or do not produce your ticket when asked, you will be considered to have traveled without a ticket and you will have to purchase another ticket and pay the full fare in order to travel.
- If you are already on a train and find that your reservation is incorrect, you will need to pay the ticket agent for your trip or upgrade your ticket to reflect the actual number of zones traveling.
- Paper tickets for travel on the New Mexico Rail Runner Express are still valid. Passengers would present it to the ticket agents upon request.
E-tickets Are Valid:
- For the number of zones through which you will travel.
- Within the validity period stated on the ticket.
- Subject to other conditions as stated on the ticket.
E-tickets Are Void If:
- They bear alterations or modifications.
- The photo ID and passenger name on the E-ticket do not match.
- Presented for passage by any person(s) other than the individual for whom the E-ticket was originally purchased.