Rio Metro Bus Ridership Policy
Rio Metro is committed to providing safe, accessible, timely and professional services for our customers. We thank you, the passengers boarding our vehicles, for obeying the rules listed below:
- Safety: Driver is responsible for the safety and welfare of passengers while riding the transit vehicle. The driver is in charge and riders must comply with the instructions of the driver at all times. Riders must refrain from horseplay/fighting on the vehicle. Driver will immediately stop the vehicle in the event of such an incident, will ask the passenger to exit the vehicle and will contact law enforcement if deemed necessary.
- Courtesy: Riders must act in a courteous manner at all times while riding the vehicle. Any rider who is verbally and/or physically abusive to other riders or the driver will be asked to exit the bus immediately. Buses are equipped with cameras to ensure the safety of our passengers and our drivers.
- Scheduling/Canceling Rides: Riders must be scheduled 24 hours in advance by 12 noon for the following day. Cancellations must be called into Transit office at least 1 hour prior to scheduled pick up. If ride is not canceled it will be considered a “No Show”. Three No Shows within 30 days will result in suspension for 30 days.
- Seat Belts: Seat belts must be worn at all times while the bus is in motion. Wheelchairs/scooters must be secured by the driver before the bus can proceed. Riders may not ride in an unsecured wheelchair or scooter. Wheelchair/scooter riders must wear seat belts provided by the wheelchair securement manufacturer. Power wheelchairs will be powered-down while the wheelchair lift is ascending or descending to prevent falls.
- Fares: Riders must pay their fare upon boarding the bus or show a valid pass to the driver. Exact change is appreciated, driver does not carry cash.
- Lost & Found: Rio Metro is not responsible for lost or stolen items. To claim lost and found items please call 505-352-3595.
- Emergency: In the event of an emergency, all riders are to explicitly follow the instructions given by the driver. If an evacuation of the bus is deemed necessary, the driver will instruct you as to the actions to be taken.
- Food/ Drink/ Tobacco: Riders are not permitted to consume food on the bus. Drinks are allowed ONLY in an appropriate non-spill travel container that is securely sealed. Smoking and chewing tobacco are not permitted.
- Oxygen: Dependent riders are permitted to have one oxygen bottle in their possession. Riders are required to maintain control of their oxygen by themselves, if assistance is needed, a personal care attendant must accompany the rider.
- Alcoholic Beverages: No rider is permitted to have an open container onboard the bus. Rio Metro reserves the right of the driver to ask to see the contents of a package if he/she suspects that package may contain an open container of alcohol.
- Illegal Drugs: Are not permitted on the bus at any time. Any person found in the possession of such drugs will be immediately reported to law enforcement.
- Five Bag Limit: No more than 5 shopping bags per rider are allowed on the bus. Riders are responsible for loading and unloading their own bags.
- Time: Buses wait no more than 3 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time. Drivers do not search for riders at pick up locations. Make yourself visible to the driver when the bus approaches. Be ready to travel 30 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time as driver might have a cancelation before your pick up.
- Personal Hygiene: Riders must maintain good personal hygiene so as not to offend other riders.
- Weapons: Are not allowed on the bus. A weapon is described as any device capable of causing bodily harm to another individual. Any person found in possession of a weapon will be reported immediately to law enforcement. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Service Animals: A service animal accompanying an individual with disabilities will be allowed to board the vehicle. No other animals are allowed.
Rio Metro Service Denial Policy: Anyone violating these rules can and will be prohibited from using our service. We are responsible for the safety and welfare of all riders and will refuse service to any person who places our riders and/or drivers at risk.
View the Bus Ridership Policy in PDF format