The Rio Metro Regional Transit District and the New Mexico Rail Runner Express have had a commitment to safety from day one. Our crew and operators undergo thorough training to ensure that your riding experience is as safe and secure as possible.
Stay Safe Around Rio Metro Buses
- Never try to board or exit a moving bus.
- Buses will not stop in-between bus stops.
- Allow other passengers to deboard the bus before you board.
- Wait only at designated bus stops.
- Do not try to hail a bus from a place that is not a designated stop.
- Do not run after or alongside a moving bus.
- Passengers are expected to have exact change, or a bus pass purchased beforehand.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- If equipped, passengers are required to use safety belts.
- Keep aisles clear of packages and personal items.
- Passengers are permitted to carry on only the number of bags that they are able to manage independently (without the assistance of the driver).
- Be courteous of the driver and of your fellow passengers.
- Keep conversations (with other passengers or using your cell phone) at a respectable level.
- Absolutely no illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages are allowed on any Rio Metro bus.
- Firearms and/or other weapons are not permitted onboard the bus.
- While riding the bus, always be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not distract the Bus Driver as he/she is operating the bus.
- In the event of an emergency, follow the instructions of the Bus Driver or any on-scene Emergency Responders.
- Personal music devices with head phones are allowed, as long as the sound is not audible to others.
- As you exit the bus, watch for pedestrians, bicycles, and motor vehicles.
- Wait for the bus to drive away from the stop before crossing the street.
Please contact our customer service at 866-795-RAIL (7245) to report unattended packages or unsafe/suspicious activity.