Say good-bye to your gloom on Friday, August 30 during the historic 95th Burning of Zozobra at Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe! The New Mexico Rail Runner Express will adjust the train schedule to allow people to attend the event. Passengers purchasing their Zozobra tickets online in advance will also have the option to add-on the purchase of a Rail Runner ticket at the same time, providing an extra level of convenience for those traveling from south of Santa Fe.
Zozobra & Rail Runner Combo Ticket
Heading to Santa Fe from points south? With the purchase of any Zozobra ticket (General Admission, Express Check-in or any of five Premium Viewing Tickets) you have the option to add-on a reduced round-trip fare on the New Mexico Rail Runner Express to get to the event.
Pricing for Rail Runner Add-On Ticket
- Ages 11 & Up: $10* (covers all zones of travel round-trip)
- Children 10 & Under: Free
*$10 price is in addition to the cost of the Zozobra admission of your choice.
Buy Tickets Now
How to Purchase
- Zozobra admission and Rail Runner add-on tickets must be purchased in advance online
- Sales for the tickets are in effect now through August 30, 2019
- All riders must have a ticket to board the New Mexico Rail Runner Express*
*Riders can still buy a (regular) Rail Runner ticket, and then purchase a Zozobra ticket at the event gate.
No Refunds: If the Burning of Zozobra is cancelled, a refund will not be issued. However, the add-on ticket is still valid for travel on the Rail Runner to any station and back on August 30, 2019.
Getting to Zozobra
- Exit the train at the South Capitol Station and take a free shuttle to the event.
- It is recommended to be at the station platform at least 10 minutes prior to the train departure time.
View the Zozobra Train Schedule (PDF)
Returning on the Train
Two trains will depart from the South Capitol Station. These trains will NOT service the Santa Fe Depot.
- After Zozobra, catch a free shuttle to the South Capitol Station. The shuttle will be located on Paseo de Peralta and Washington Ave.
- The first train will depart at 11:05 p.m. and the second one at 11:25 p.m. The Rail Runner will wait for the last bus to arrive with passengers before departing.
Parking at the South Capitol Station
Parking is available at the South Capitol Station for those who wish to take the free shuttles to the event. However, spaces fill up quickly. As an alternative, people going to the event may park at the Santa Fe County / NM 599 Station and take the train north. Passengers choosing this option will need to purchase a Rail Runner Day Pass on the train for $4 (reduced fares available for those who qualify).
Please park in designated spaces only. Parking is at your own risk.
How to Enjoy Your Experience at the Burning of Zozobra
Are backpacks allowed? No backpacks allowed. Camera bags are allowed for photographers with press credentials only. Childcare and medical supplies must be in a clear plastic bag, NFL stadium-style.
Are food and drinks allowed in the venue? All picnic food must be in a clear plastic bag, NFL stadium style. No coolers, glass containers or disposable plastic bottles. Refillable water bottles must be empty on arrival and can be refilled at the free water stations.
Is food available? There are over 20 different food vendors onsite. Bottled water, sodas, and candy products will also be available.
Are pets allowed? No, only service animals.
Are lawn chairs allowed? No large metal lawn chairs; collapsible umbrella-style lawn chairs are allowed in the General Admission area only. No chairs, camera tripods, or large equipment are allowed in the Premium Viewing areas due to safety restrictions.
What about strollers? Large strollers and wagons are not allowed. Small folding strollers can be checked in for free; those who wish to keep strollers can watch from the family viewing area.
View the Zozobra FAQs Webpage