Fare Update: Train passes resumed full fare rates on April 3, 2023. The exception is the Monthly Pass, which is discounted at 50% off through December 31, 2023. Fare chart below reflects cost after discount. Click here for FAQs.
The amount passengers pay for a ticket is determined by the distance traveled. There are six zones along the 100-mile corridor between Santa Fe and the City of Belen. See the chart below for details.
Full fare rates below. Monthly Pass rates reflect 50% off discount.
Save $1 off of a Day Pass and $10 off of a Monthly Pass when you purchase your tickets https://tickets.genfaremobile.com/web/50002/purchase/campaign online or on our https://riometro.org/361/ticketing app.
Reduced fare rates below. Monthly Pass rates reflect 50% off discount.
How to Calculate Your Fares
Count the number of zones through which you will travel.
- Traveling from Los Lunas to U.S. 550 / Sandoval County is three zones
- Traveling from Los Ranchos / Journal Center to Downtown Albuquerque is one zone
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Debit Cards
- All Major Credit Cards (except American Express)
New Mexico Rail Runner Express Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets are not refundable if lost, damaged, stolen or destroyed. Tickets are also not refundable if the passenger purchased a ticket and didn’t use it, purchased the wrong date or wrong station or if a ticket is purchased at a discounted rate without qualification. Tickets purchased using the mobile app will not be refunded if accidentally activated.
Reduced fares are available to:
- Senior citizens age 60 and over
- Students with a valid student I.D. or proof of enrollment
- Youth ages 10 to 17
- Medicare card holders
- People with disabilities that show
- A NM Motor Vehicle Department notification
- Letter from the doctor indicating the disability (with expiration date)
- An ABQ RIDE Honored Citizen Card
- A Santa Fe Ride Card or Santa Fe Trails Half Fare Card
The following ride free:
- Children 9 and under
- Seniors 60+ free on Wednesdays
- Active Duty Military and Veterans that show
- VHIC or VA medical card
- Veteran’s ID (VIC card)
- Driver’s License with a veteran’s designation
- Department of Defense Active Duty & Dependent Military IDs
- NMRX Freedom Pass
- Show your valid one-way, day, or monthly printed or mobile Rail Runner pass to ride Rio Metro general public Dial-a-Ride buses and fixed/commuter route buses (not valid on Rio Rancho Dial-a-Ride buses)
- The Rio Metro Regional Transit District operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, and disability, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Visit our Title VI / Non-Discrimination Notice Web Page.