Access Transit Services
All Rio Metro trains, stations and buses meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements.
New Mexico Rail Runner Express
All New Mexico Rail Runner Express Stations are accessible by ramp, or mini high-level platform. All train cars are equipped with four priority seating locations and ADA accessible restrooms for customers with disabilities.
Rio Metro Bus
All Rio Metro buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and related interior accessibility equipment. Designated seating for senior citizens or riders with disabilities is available on all Rio Metro buses.
Visit the Rio Metro Bus Accessibility page.
Dial-a-Ride & Paratransit
Rio Metro and our transit partners provide accessible transportation services for people with disabilities residing in Valencia County, Rio Rancho and the Albuquerque Metro area whose impairment makes it impossible to ride any of the fixed route bus services. Individuals must meet eligibility requirements for some services.
Visit the Rio Metro Access page for more information.
Reduced Fares for Seniors & People With Disabilities
Reduced Fares are available to:
- Senior citizens age 62 and over
- Medicare card holders
- People with disabilities that show
- A NM Motor Vehicle Department notification
- Letter from the doctor indicating the disability (with expiration date)
- An ABQ RIDE Honored Citizen Card
- A Santa Fe Ride Card or Santa Fe Trails Half Fare Card
Visit the Rio Metro Fares page.
Service animals are permitted at stations and on trains. You must keep your service animal under control at all times. The animal should always be on a leash, harness or other tether, unless either the handler is unable because of his/her disability to use a harness, leash or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash or other tether would interfere with the service animal's safe, effective performance of work or tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler's control.
Visit the Service Animals page to learn more.
- The Rio Metro Regional Transit District operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, and disability, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Visit our Title VI / Non-Discrimination Notice Web Page.